10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DO TARAWERA & TIKITAPU
1. The event starts in the middle of an active geyser field, you are surrounded by steam, bubbling mudpools and hot lakes.
2. This is a point-to-point run – starting at one magic location and finishing in another.
3. You’ll discover the amazing Hemo Gorge track, through the redwood grove, along the Puarenga Stream track and the Whakarewarewa Forest.
4. Two brand-new marked routes for the Tikitapu Trail Run in the Whaka Forest add to the sense of adventure.
5. 50k runners and walkers get to explore Woodstock Farm along the edge of Green Lake, including Woodstock Cottage and the Woolshed.
6. Views of five lakes. Lakes Rotorua, Rotokakahi (Green Lake), Tikitapu (Blue Lake), Tarawera and Rotomahana.
7. Run and walk the arcaeological site of Buried Village, under the waterfall and along the Tarawera Trail past and twin creeks all the way to Hotwater beach.
8. Swim in Lake Tarawera or soak in the natural hotspring at Hot water beach, Lake Tarawera. Tikitapu runners and walkers will get to soak in Blue Lake.
9. Catch the scenic boat-ride back and buses back to the start-line.
10. Bragging rights – you can proudly proclaim you’ve done the Tarawera Trail Marathon and 50k or the Tikitapu Trail Run.
11. Devonshire Tea at the Buried Village aid station – in addition to the buffet aid stations on course.
12. This event will make you legs look sexy – just before the Christmas / new years holidays!
That’s 10 very good reasons and 2 bonus reasons 🙂